The Department of Policies and technical regulations in construction
The Department of Policies and technical regulations in construction is the functional subdivision of the Urbanism Constructions and Housing Directorate in the organizational structure of the Ministry of Economy and Infrastructure. It ensures the fulfillment of its functions, within the limits of the granted competences, regarding the specific technical regulations and the harmonization of the activities in the urban sector within the general policy of the Government, as well as the fulfillment of the role of state authority in the field.
The Department of Policies and technical regulations in construction Policies has as its main activity the following tasks:
- Elaborates and promotes policy documents in the field of urbanism, adjusting them to the practices of the European community;
- Elaborates the legislative and normative framework necessary for the achievement of the objectives in its fields of activity and ensures the compatibility of the provisions of the national legislation in the field with the international treaties to which the Republic of Moldova is a part and with the community legislation;
- Ensures the process of elaboration, analyzing, monitoring and evaluation of policy documents in the field of urbanism, as well as contribute to the assessment of the social, economic, financial and other impacts of policy documents;
- Determines the priority directions of activity and elaborates strategies and programs following the assessment of the situation in the field and its related sectors;
- Participates within the limits of the functional competences, in the achievement of the cross-border cooperation activities within the investment projects as well as the interregional cooperation within the international programs.