The Urbanism, Constructions and Housing Directorate is the functional subdivision of the organizational structure of the Ministry of Economy and Infrastructure and is the coordinator and promoter of the urbanism, constructions and housing policies. The Directorate was created in accordance with the Regulation, the structure and the staff of the Ministry of Economy and Infrastructure, approved by Government Decision no.690 of 30.08.2017 (Official Gazette of the Republic of Moldova, 2017, No. 322-328, article 792) and operate in accordance with the Constitution of the Republic of Moldova and the laws of the Republic of Moldova, the decisions of the Parliament, the decrees of the President of the Republic of Moldova, the decisions and provisions of the Government, the regulations, the orders and the provisions of the Minister, other normative acts, including international and specialty ones and with the current Regulation of organization and functioning.
The functions of urbanism, constructions and housing
The Directorate has the following functions:
- Elaborate draft legislative and normative acts in the field, in accordance with the objectives and strategic directions established by the Ministry;
- Ensures the process of elaboration, analyzing, monitoring and evaluation of policy documents in the field of urbanism, constructions and housing, as well as contributes to the estimation of the social, economic, financial and other impacts of policy documents;
- Organizes and coordinates the implementation of urbanism, constructions and housing policies, ensuring the uniform application of national legislation in the areas covered;
- Coordinates the development of the system of technical regulation in the field and its harmonization with the European standards;
- Elaborates proposals for the programs and works plans of the Ministry, for the reports on their realization in the field of urbanism, constructions and housing and the strategic directions established by the Ministry;
- Determines priority directions of activity and elaborates strategies and programs following the assessment of the situation in the sector of the field and its related sectors, identifying the issues, risks and opportunities to exclude identified deviations, the prevention of the identified dangers and threats or the valorization of emerging opportunities;
- Participates within the limits of the functional competences, in the achievement of the cross-border cooperation activities within the investment projects as well as the interregional cooperation within the international programs.