The Department of Urbanism Policies is the functional subdivision of the Urbanism and Housing Directorate of the organizational structure of the Ministry of Economy and Infrastructure. It ensures the fulfillment of its functions, within the limits of the granted competences, regarding the specific technical regulations and harmonization of activities in the urban sector within the general policy of the Government, as well as the fulfillment of the role of state authority in the field of urbanism.
The Department was created in accordance with the Regulation, the structure and the staff of the Ministry of Economy and Infrastructure, approved by Government Decision no.690 of 30.08.2017 (Official Gazette of the Republic of Moldova, 2017, No. 322-328, article 792) and operate in accordance with the Constitution of the Republic of Moldova and the laws of the Republic of Moldova, the decisions of the Parliament, the decrees of the President of the Republic of Moldova, the decisions and provisions of the Government, the regulations, the orders and the provisions of the Minister, other normative acts, including international and specialty ones and with the current Regulation of organization and functioning.
The Department of Urbanism Policies has as its main activity the following tasks:
- Elaborates the necessary legislative and normative framework for achieving the objectives in its fields of activity and ensures the compatibility of the provisions of the national legislation in the field with the international treaties to which the Republic of Moldova is a part;
- Develops and promotes policy documents in the field of urbanism, adjusting them to the practices of the European community;
- Ensures the process of elaboration, analyzing, monitoring and evaluation of policy documents in the field of urbanism, as well as contribute to the assessment of the social, economic, financial and other impacts of policy documents;
- Determines the priority directions of activity and elaborates strategies and programs following the assessment of the situation in the field and its related sectors;
- Participates within the limits of the functional competences, in the achievement of the cross-border cooperation activities within the investment projects as well as the interregional cooperation within the international programs.